Macau VisaMacau is generally very open in its approach to admit tourists and short term business visitors. Nationals of 66 countries are exempt from a visa to Macau for a certain period while other nationals are permitted to obtain one on arrival at the border control.
Starting from 1 July 2010, nationals of Bangladesh, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Vietnam are required to obtain an entry visa before arriving at the Macau Special Administrative Region. Visa-upon-arrival is no longer applicable to these nationals.
Where to Submit the application
Embassy and Consulate of the People's Republic of China
Immigration Department of Macau SAR Government
Required Documents1. A completed Macau Visa Application Form;
2. Photocopies of the bio data page and used inside pages of a valid passport/travel document.
3. Document of financial status (e.g. bank statement, deposit in savings account, tax payment receipt, employment certificate, etc.)
4. Document of transportation to Macau and accommodation arrangement (e.g. round-trip air ticket and hotel room reservation receipts, etc.)
5. Pages carrying important information in a travel document previously used to come to Macau (if any);
6. Valid entry visa or residence visa/permit of other countries or regions (if any);
7. Recent 1.5-inch full face white background color photo.
8. Proof of purpose of visit, such as: Invitation letter, kindly contact us. (NOTE: that invitation letter will only be issued upon confirmation of registration and after full payment for registration fees has been received)
Processing TimeGeneral: 5 working days (applications that do not have to be related to the Macau Immigration Department)
Approximately 3 weeks (applications that have to be related to the Macau Immigration Department)
Note: Processing time starts from the day all necessary documents are submitted.
Types and Validity of Macau Visa1. Types:
(3) Ordinary visa including Tourist, Study, Employment and Residence
(1) Valid for 1 entry within 3 months, 14 days of stay per entry;
(2) Valid for 2 entries within 3 months, 14 days of stay per entry;
(3) Valid for multiple entries within 6 months, 14 days of stay per entry.
Passport Holders of the Following Countries Enjoy Visa-Free Access to Macau SAR
|Country||Free Period||Country||Free Period||Country||Free Period|
|Albania||90 Days||Luxembourg||90 Days||Andorra||90 Days|
|Macedonia||90 Days||Australia||30 Days||Malaysia||30 Days|
|Austria||90 Days||Mali||90 Days||Belgium||90 Days|
|Malta||90 Days||Bosnia and Herzegovina||90 Days||Mauritius||90 Days|
|Brazil||90 Days||Mexico||90 Days||Brunei||14 Days|
|Monaco||30 Days||Bulgaria||90 Days||Mongolia||90 Days|
|Canada||30 Days||Montenegro||90 Days||Cape Verde||90 Days|
|Namibia||30 Days||Chile||30 Days||Netherlands||90 Days|
|Croatia||90 Days||New Zealand||30 Days||Cyprus||90 Days|
|Norway||90 Days||Czech Republic||90 Days||Philippines||30 Days|
|Denmark||90 Days||Poland||90 Days||Dominica||90 Days|
|Portugal||90 Days||Egypt||90 Days||Romania||90 Days|
|Estonia||90 Days||Russia||30 Days||Finland||90 Days|
|Samoa||30 Days||France||90 Days||San Marino||30 Days|
|Germany||90 Days||Serbia||90 Days||Greece||90 Days|
|Seychelles||30 Days||Grenada||90 Days||Singapore||30 Days|
|Hungary||90 Days||Slovakia||90 Days||Iceland||90 Days|
|Slovenia||90 Days||India||30 Days||South Africa||30 Days|
|Indonesia||30 Days||South Korea||90 Days||Ireland||90 Days|
|Spain||90 Days||Israel||90 Days||Sweden||90 Days|
|Italy||90 Days||Switzerland||90 Days||Japan||90 Days|
|Tanzania||90 Days||Kiribati||30 Days||Thailand||30 Days|
|Latvia||90 Days||Turkey||30 Days||Lebanon||90 Days|
|U.S.A||30 Days||Liechtenstein||30 Days||U.K.||180 Days|
|Lithuania||90 Days||Uruguay||30 Days|
Some Useful Reference Sites:Visa Issues in Macau:
Macau Immigration Services of Public Security Police Force
Tel: (Macau area code) (853) 2872 5488
1. For those who are from the mainland of China, please check via Baidu.
2. For more information on "Visa" and "Entry Permit" Exemption, please visit the website of the Macau Immigration Services of Public Security Police Force.